At Citrus Park Animal, Bird & Exotics Hospital, we understand that boarding your pet can be a stressful situation. We take extensive measures to ensure your pet is happy, comfortable and safe during their stay with us. In our Boarding Release Form, we outline all rules and regulations necessary to board your pet with us, and we strongly encourage you to take time to read this form. Any further questions can be directed to our hospital front desk at 813-920-6656. Some important points to remember are:
- We provide premium quality pet food. However, bringing your pet's own food is always recommended to avoid GI upset.
- All medications your pet is currently taking, must be brought at time of boarding admission with instructions for administration
- MANDATORY vaccines to board dogs are: Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella.
- MANDATORY vaccines to board cats are: 4in1, Rabies, Bordetella, and current FeLV and FIV or negative status.
- MANDATORY: your pet must be free of internal/external parasites (upon our examination)
- Recommended vaccines are: Leptospirosis, Influenza, Lyme
- Corona vaccine is also recommended for young puppies
- In order to protect the health of all pets, every pet boarding with us, upon admission, is required to have a wellness exam, by one of our veterinarians, at a reduced fee.
- If during exam, external parasites (fleas, ticks, etc) or internal parasites are found, we administer medication at owner's cost in order to make all of our patients' stay as enjoyable as possible
- All new clients, and all clients boarding for longer than 7 days, will be expected to leave a deposit
BOARDING FEES: (per day)
- 0.1-20.0 lbs --- $20
- 20.1-50.0 lbs ---$25
- 50.1-80.0 lbs ---$30 (if pet is too big or not comfortable in this cage, we recommend a Run)
- Runs ---$35
*Rabbit/Guinea Pig/Ferret (own cage)---$25
*Avian (own cage)---$25
*Rodent (own cage)---$15
*Reptile (own tank)---$25
*We recommend bringing your own cage/tank for these species to minimize stress, and make their stay most enjoyable.